Applications for SUMMER 2021 are now being accepted.
UF Chemistry International Research Experience for Undergraduates:
The International Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program is a 11-12 week program based in France. Participants will spend most of their time working with graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, staff, and other undergraduates on a well-developed research project under the mentorship of an experienced faculty member sponsored by the University of Florida and is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
The US/France REU Program
The host group and research advisor is assigned after acceptance into the program.
to fill out an application for the REU program.
- Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident (DACA students can apply for the AgroParis and Reims sites)
- Must have previous research experience
- Students with appropriate research interests in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other STEM areas are encouraged to apply
- Pre-professional (Medical, Law, Dentistry, Veterinary) students are NOT encouraged to apply.
- Applications : (submissions accepted through January 31st 2021)
- Summer REU: May – August 2021
- Poster presentation – ACS National Meeting & Exposition Spring 2022. March 20 – 24, San Diego, CA
Stipend consists of $6000 for travel, food and miscellaneous + free housing
(provided by hosting site).
Reimbursement for ACS participation: Up to $800 are provided to travel to the National Meeting of the American Chemical Society in 2022.