>> Application for REU
Dates of Program
US Summer of 2011
UF Chemistry International Research Experience for Undergraduates:
NOTICE: The deadline for applications has been extended to January 28th 2011.
The International Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program is a 12 week program based in Argentina, Brazil or France. Participants will spend most of their time working with graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, staff, and other undergraduates on a well-developed research project under the mentorship of an experienced faculty member
sponsored by the University of Florida and is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
US / South America
Research is in the area of chemistry and molecular biodiversity at one of five major research sites:
- The University of Sao Paulo
- Campinas University
- The State University of Sao Paulo at Araraquara
- The University of Buenos Aires
The US/France REU Program
Research in chemistry research at one of three research sites:
- Toulouse: University of Toulouse and related research laboratories
- Strasbourg: University of Strasbourg and related research laboratories
- Paris area: University Pierre and Marie Curie, ENS-Cachan
Please click here to fill out an application for the REU program.
- Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident with previous research experience
- Students with appropriate research interests and majors in Math, Engineering, Physics, the Biosciences, Chemistry and all STEM areas are encouraged to apply
- Pre-professional (Medical, Law, Dentistry, Veterinary) students are NOT encouraged to apply.
- Applications: (submission accepted through January 28th 2011)
- Pre-departure Meeting: University of Florida, Gainesville FL: April 2nd-4th, 2011
- Summer REU: May - August 2011
- Poster - ACS meeting: March 25-29th, 2012
Stipend consist of $4400. Housing is provided by the host program.
Additional funds are provided to travel to an orientation workshop and the National Meeting of the American Chemical Society